Belhaven – or “Beautiful harbor” – nestles among the rolling barley fields of the beautiful East Lothian coast, around 20 miles east of Edinburgh. For nearly 300 years, Belhaven has brewed here using only the finest local barley and choicest hops. Established in 1719, Belhaven is Scotland’s oldest working brewery. With abundant local barley, fine water from the brewery well and access to markets up and down the coast, Belhaven was the perfect place for a brewery back then, and it still is today.
The brewery is proud to export their fine beers all around the world, with drinkers from New York to New South Wales enjoying a definitive taste of Scotland.
- Twisted Thistle – Belhaven’s flagship sessionable IPA. Brewed with 100% Scottish barley malt and 3 hops from around the world.
- Taste Profile – Late-hopped with Cascade for a nose-full of grapefruit aroma. The citrus hop aroma develops into a mouthwatering juicy bitterness in this satisfying and full-bodied beer. ABV 5.6
- Scottish Ale – This signature Scottish Ale from Scotland’s oldest working brewery has been exported around the world for many years. As a classic Scottish Ale, it showcases its 100% Scottish barley malt in perfect balance with 2 English hops. ABV 5.2%
- Taste Profile – a deep copper ale which is smooth, rich and nutty with a satisfying biscuity malt backbone and a finish of spicy hop.
- Wee Heavy – Wee Heavy is the perfect accompaniment to a wee dram of Whiskey. The roasted malt sweetness is balanced by a spicy fruitiness. ABV 7.4%
- Taste Profile – With scents of vanilla and malt biscuit, this brew is complex, full-bodied, sweet, rich, and strong – like Christmas Cake in a glass!
- Scottish Oat Stout – A dark, sweet stout with a wonderful silky texture and a lingering finish of
black coffee notes. ABV 7.0%
- Speyside Oak Aged Blonde – A smooth, full bodied golden ale with sweet vanilla oak and subtle
whiskey notes. ABV 6.5%
- Kilted Pilsner – A classic Pilsner style lager with a pleasant biscuit aroma, fresh malty flavor and a
super clean finish. ABV 4.8%
- Belhaven Black – Belhaven Black Scottish Stout really is something completely different. Brewed using pure Scottish water and a unique blend of Scottish triple malts sourced from the finest locally grown barley, it is bursting with roast coffee and chocolate flavors. Belhaven Black is simply hopped with Challenger to provide a clean low level bitterness. The dry hop character from Challenger is kept to a minimum allowing the key roasted and chocolate flavors to come to the forefront. ABV 4.2%
- Taste Profile – Fresh roasted aroma and taste with a hint of coffee from the roasted barley used in the recipe. The addition of Chocolate malt adds a dark chocolate complexity.